Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Overcoming obstacles as a Solo

Posted by Bankruptcy Attorney

As if being a solo is not hard enough, but when you add being 1) young, 2) a woman, 3) and minority, things start to become complicated.

On a daily basis I admonished, questioned, by older white male solos who see me as inexperienced, inept, and inferior. I am by no means crying or calling every male white Attorney racist. I am merely stating fact that I am treated differently by the Attorneys I come in contact with on my opposing matters.

I am as respectful as I can be to my peers and colleagues. In my eyes I went to law school and passed the same bar exam as they did. I am not sure if this static is intimidate me or just out of pure ignorance. Either way, I find that following the rules, responding to only those things that require my response, and finding peace with the fact that these individuals ultimately can not value the quality of my work or define me as an Attorney or person a good way to deal with the mud slinging.

confessions of solo.......................

No comments:

support the sole practitioner cause